• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Linking to routes and blog query

Oriole

Hi all,

I hope someone can help with a couple of queries I have.

Firstly, I’d like to upload to the internet the routes I walk, so that people who view my blog can see where I have walked that day. I recently downloaded mapmywalk which is quite good, and uploads the routes to my mapmywalk page on the internet, however I can’t find a way that people can see what routes I have walked unless they actually log in as me on mapmywalk, which obviously isn’t any good. Is there a better way, or app, or piece of equipment that can do this?

NB. I have a Garmin 405 GPS watch, but that can only upload walks when I am actually at my home computer, so that’s no good. Also the battery life on that is poor, whereas my phone can last the whole day even with GPS on.

Secondly, regarding the blog (which I’m 99% sure will be wordpress.com), I have a Galaxy S5 which I find very easy to type on (using Swype) so I guess this is the way to go, and when I find a wi-fi connection, can upload the latest entry to my blog page. I also have a Panasonic compact camera which has wi-fi so assume I can easily transfer pictures to my Galaxy that can then be included on the blog. Does this all sound sensible, or is there a better way to go about this? Thanks.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum