• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Looking for GPX Tracks

fergusm

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2015 Konstanz - Santiago de Compostela
I want to start my walk in Nuremberg and go Konstanz then continue along the Jakobsweg to Geneva, on to Le Pui then to St Jean de pied de port and along to Santiago de Compostela. I have some GPX track data for the Germany routes but would like to get data for the Switzerland and France sections. Any suggestions of where I can get GPX data?
Many thanks!!
fm

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The GPS tracks in .gpx format for the route through Switzerland (called the Via Jacobi by the Swiss; national route 4) are available from the www.jakobsweg.ch site.

Here is the link leading to the first segment, Konstanz to Maerstetten. http://www.jakobsweg.ch/en/eu/ch/routes/constance-einsiedeln-en/constance-maerstetten-en/ It will lead you to the links for follow-on segments.

You will also see accommodation lists available; I highly recommend them, as they give contact information for the locally operated hikers' dormitories, as well as the more usual lodgings.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum