• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Looking forward

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
Yesterday I got the sad news that my husband’s friend who was going to ride a surprise 50th birthday camino with hubby will not be able to. I barely had time to think about it, because our youngest three kids are all-out preparing for a Shakespeare production (two shows tomorrow - Love’s Labour’s Lost - you’re all invited).....today I thought I should be sad and I am, but I am also immensely grateful for our very rich life and I realised almost everyone who walks the camino is rich (they can afford the time) and many who I have met along the way have had great cultural wealth to share.
This week -thanks to the Bard - I have not managed my walking quota, but I am grateful all the same. Seasons.
I look forward to walking again as part of my daily life and look forward to picking up the other life-enriching activities that get dropped in production season, and I’m looking forward to telling my hubby next week about the plan we tried to hatch - and maybe to find another!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum