• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Madrid airport to Astorga

• Thread starter Former member 38395
  • Start date
F

Former member 38395

My flight gets into Madrid airport on Sept. 6th, 2017 at 10:30 p.m. What is the best way to get to Astorga without spending a night in Madrid? I don't see a night bus from Madrid to Astorga on ALSA website after August. I see a night bus to Leon then a taxi to Astorga. Suggestions, please.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi @WhiteLilies, there seems to be an Alsa bus to Astorga from Madrid Airport at 23.59 (I did a search for a Wednesday in May, as searches for September aren't always reliable so far in advance). It arrives in Astorga at 4.15am. You could check again closer to your arrival date to see if this information is still valid.

Hope this helps.

Thanks NualaOC. I see an ALSA bus to Astorga from Madrid Airport at 23:59 arrives Astorga at 4:15am for August 31. In September, no late night bus from airport. I hope you are right about searches not being reliable for September yet.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We were able to take a train from Madrid to Astorga but we arrived in Madrid in the morning.

ALSA bus and Renfe train are the only service providers Madrid to Astorga.

I suggest you stay the night in Madrid or Leon.

At a guess, a taxi from Leon to Astorga would likely cost more than a hotel.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
ALSA bus and Renfe train are the only service providers Madrid to Astorga.

I suggest you stay the night in Madrid or Leon.

At a guess, a taxi from Leon to Astorga would likely cost more than a hotel.

Whariwharangi, I think staying the night in Madrid is a better option if I can't catch a night bus or train to Astorga. Thanks.

Most read last week in this forum