• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Madrid to A Gudina on ViadlPlata?

sommerjule

Hi,
I am planning to walk the Via de la Plata in October and am a bit confused about how to get to my starting point. I have max. 10 days and wanted to start in A Gudina. Flying into Madrid, I can find a train as far as to Ourense or Zamora; but there do not seem to be any busses going to A Gudina or any other town close by.
Maybe someone has experience with buses to starting points along the route VdlP, or has a suggestion about how to get there? Maybe A Gudina is not a good starting point for lack of public transport there?!

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It's good walking from A Gudina. In terms of stages, it is possible to do it in ten days, assuming you start with a good level of fitness.

It might be worth thinking about stopping at the Casa Rural in Campobecerras on the first day (about 13 miles with plenty of climbing) rather than going all the way to Laza.

Alternatively, if you are extremely fit, you could start at Lubian and then climb into Galicia on your first day.

Enjoy planning,

Andy

Dear all,

thank you so much for your help. It didn't occur to me to look for Gudina, A. in the list of destinations. ;-)
@ Andi: thanks for the advice with the casa rural on the way to Laza, I was also thinking that maybe over 30 km is a bit too much for the first day walking...

so excited planning my trip

Best
Jule

If you prefer not to walk with many others, this route will suit you much better than the crowded Camino Francés. The going is generally very easy until you turn westwards into Galicia,So much of the Camino is spent with your eyes glued to the track and where your next footstep is going, and it is so easy to twist an ankle on these tracks if you are not careful, and then your problems really begin!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum