• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Madrid to San Sabastian/Irun

grayland

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Yes
I have traveled by both bus and train to San Sabastian in the past...but always from somewhere else in Spain.

I will be arriving in Madrid in August and need to work out the best way to San Sabastian/Irun to start the CdN.
I am sure that the info is on the forum somewhere..but hoped someone would take pity on me and just point me to some current information.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
From Madrid airport go to Puerta de Atocha train station. Catch the Alvia train to Pamplona. About 3 hours. Then take the bus or train to San Sebastián or Irun.

Hope this helps,
Joe

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum