• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Massage Therapy

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I found really good ones in Leon, Cacabelas and Rabanal. In Rabanal several massage therapists had set up tents in a grassy area near the middle of town. That was in 2015 so they may or may not still do that. In Leon there are several choices but I cannot remember the name of the person- just that they were located upstairs in the block leading up to the Cathedral. In Cacabelas I stayed at the municipal albergue and they connected me with the person. All were excellent.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Great news....old man's salvation.

There is a wonderful place in Palas de Rei on the main street in that offers massage. But kowabunga, that Spanish sports massage is killer! Hurt like hell, but I sure felt better the next day. Can't remember the name of the place but it's on the LEFT hand side as you walk into town.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
How does the price compare to US prices? I typically pay about $60 for an hour massage in the states.

About a third of what one would pay in the states.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I have back issues so often get massages. I've had them in Pamplona, Villatuerta (the best), Villafranca Montes de Oca, Burgos, and Leon. I've paid 20-60 euros.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum