• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Miners Striking in Asturia

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The miners are protesting along parts of the Camino del Norte, the San Salvador, the Vadiniense, and the Primitivo. Violence -- mostly rock-throwing by miners and tear-gassing by Guardia Civil -- is focused on road junctions and railway lines near to mining centers. None of it so far has involved injuries to civilians or pilgrims. I know a couple of pilgrims walking up in that area, and neither has said anything about the strikes.

I was north of La Robla a few days ago (on the San Salvador) and met up with a group of 120 or so strikers and their supporters, they were on a march south toward Leon. All of them were smiling and friendly people who asked for pilgrim prayers for their cause!

Rebekah
child of the mines

Thank you, Rebekah! I'm at the blind-panic stage of preparation and should probably stop reading the news for a few days.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum