• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

MP3

Anne Doran

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to walk the Camino between Tui and Santiago in April 2015, after Easter
Just wondering if there are any free or paid MP3 of the Camino Portugues or of Santiago de Compostela that I can download onto my Ipod. I found a few, but they were in Spanish. Anything in English.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I don't listen to anything when I walk. I love to see and hear all that is around me. No, this would be for the train and bus journeys I do, so I can get a taste of where I am going!
Thanks (",)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I don't listen to anything when I walk. I love to see and hear all that is around me. No, this would be for the train and bus journeys I do, so I can get a taste of where I am going!
Thanks (",)
Hi Anne,
I walked the Portuguese Camino in April this year. Prior to going I downloaded some Portuguese music to listen to whilst in travel to Porto to start my Camino. There are two Genres which are very typical Portuguese music search for Desgarradas which is a folk type music often consists of a banter between two performers then there is Fado which is a very dramatic melancholy type of music. a few famous artists are Jorge Ferreira, Amelia and Mariza. All the best hope you like the music.
Bon Camino

Thanks @VascoH
I love to get to know the music. Thanks for the info. I will look this up!
Anne

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I took mine. It was great at night in Snore filled albergues, that and Ravels Bolero is great for long hill climbs.:)

Just wondering if there are any free or paid MP3 of the Camino Portugues or of Santiago de Compostela that I can download onto my Ipod. I found a few, but they were in Spanish. Anything in English.
Here is a variety: Dulce Pontes, Mariza, Madredeus, Cesaria Évora (Cabo Verde), Carlos Paredes, Rão Kyão.
Bom Caminho

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I took a lot of songs (the memory card that I had on my phone, had a capacity of 4GB), but the ones that I really enjoyed to listen while doing the Caminho were:

- Luar na Lubre: a Celtic/Folk band from Galicia. They sing in Gallego, and have a very beautifull song called "Canto de Andar" ("Walking Song", on a direct translation).

- Into the Wild OST: I loved this movie, it's very special to me, and the song tracks made by Pearl Jam vocalist Eddie Vedder are wonderful. All of the musics are great, but "Guaranteed" is my favourite.

- Wagner Die Walküre: my favourite piece of classic music.

- Pink Floyd: one of my favourite bands. I could not go and not take anything from them. Choosed the "Foot in Door" album, a best off.

And the rest was a mix of Rock styles that I like :)

I think that, it doesn't really mather what is the language that the music it's sang, if it gives you that "click" on your head, you should listen to it ;)

@Albertinho, "We are The Campions" by Queen playing in the background must have been great :)

Best Regards
Diogo

Last edited:
I took a lot of songs (the memory card that I had on my phone, had a capacity of 4GB), but the ones that I really enjoyed to listen while doing the Caminho were:

- Luar na Lubre: a Celtic/Folk band from Galicia. They sing in Gallego, and have a very beautifull song called "Canto de Andar" ("Walking Song", on a direct translation).

- Into the Wild OST: I loved this movie, it's very special to me, and the song tracks made by Pearl Jam vocalist Eddie Vedder are wonderful. All of the musics are great, but "Guaranteed" is my favourite.

- Wagner Die Walküre: my favourite piece of classic music.

- Pink Floyd: one of my favourite bands. I could not go and not take anything from them. Choosed the "Foot in Door" album, a best off.

And the rest was a mix of Rock styles that I like :)

I think that, it doesn't really mather what its the language from the music, if it gives you that "click" on your head, you should listen to it ;)

@Albertinho, "We are The Campions" by Queen playing in the background must have been great :)

Best Regards
Diogo

Olha We are the champions de Gregorian Chant ! Entrega no You Tube. Diogo.

I made a photo dvd of our caminho with some video pics in the cathedral of Santiago
As background during the moving of the botafumeiro I used this song !

You should put that in your Youtube account my friend so that everybody could see it :)

Best Regards
Diogo

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ok, sem problemas meu amigo.

Abraço
Diogo

Here is a variety: Dulce Pontes, Mariza, Madredeus, Cesaria Évora (Cabo Verde), Carlos Paredes, Rão Kyão.
Bom Caminho

Wow, Dulce Pontes has an absolutely incredible voice... this is definitely on my list.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Very very good! I like this a lot, also on my list.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, I am trying to confirm that starting my walk from O Porriño qualifies for the last 100 km, and qualifies for a Compostela. I am finding conflicting information in different places. Camino...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back