• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

New Restaurant/Tapas Bar in Caldas de Reis

Time of past OR future Camino
From Braga to Santiago.
I can strongly recommend a good, new place to eat for those who are looking for a great meal. It's a bit more expensive but every pilgrim deserves a treat now and again ! The place is called Casa Real Doña Urraca C/Constitución, 4, Local C, and is owned by Xoán Leiro who is also a presenter on Spanish National TV. The food is based on traditional Galician cuisine but the emphasis is on quality using the finest products : artisan bread, vegetables from a quality local producer, quality meats and cheeses and seafood from the estuary. They have food to suit all tastes including dishes like a salad with scallops,prawns and corn lettuce; grilled baby scallops, a variety of steaks,from the fish market there are for example sea bass and bream and a range of desserts like three chocolates. I had the octopus with potatoes in a sauce made from a Galician smoked cheese called San Simon which gave it a modern twist and was delicious. I could go on but you get the picture !!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If I'm ever in Caldas again, I'll eat there. Is it near the albergue?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
grilled baby scallops?
I think the animal you meant is not a "baby scallop", if scallop is a vieira.
I think the animal is zamburiña that is smaller.
Grilled zamburiñas is one of my favourite Galician dishes

Hi you are quite right, I refer to them as a baby scallop as people then know it is smaller but like the famous vieira,it is another type of mollusc

Most read last week in this forum