• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

your favorite accommodations Redondela and Caldas de Reis?

uncletim

Time of past OR future Camino
May '19, Oct 19
about Oct 10th-12th should not be too crowded. I have places and backups in mind for the other stages. Starting on the coast and moving to the Central.

Bringing a friend, first Camino, can be Albergue or Hotel, open to both. usually mix it up a bit.

in Caldas de Reis has anyone stayed at a thermal bath place?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I stayed at A Conserveria in Redondela and it was a nice big dorm room with tall ceilings. It almost had a warehouse feeling and I was worried I’d be cold at night but I was fine (April). There were blankets and sheets. I’d definitely stay there again. In Caldas De Rei I stayed at Albergue Pozas Termais and it was nice beds with sheets and blankets but the room definitely felt cramped but not claustrophobic. It was very clean. Right next door is a grocery store. I didn’t explore the thermal baths because it was raining when I was there.

I can recommend O Cruceiro in Caldas de Reis.
They offer different types of rooms.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I can recommend O Cruceiro in Caldas de Reis.
They offer different types of rooms.

This is where we stayed! they have an Albergue and hotel. they were really nice. I seem to remember some bagged lunches on departure. still thinking about thermal baths...

Thank you

In 2015, I stayed at Hotel Balneário Davila and loved it. It’s quaint and clean and the staff made sure we had a bagged breakfast delivered to our room when we told them we wanted to leave early in the morning.

I stayed in the Hotel Antolin in Cesantes just after Redondela. Nice place, beach front on the bay. Staying there again this year. Paying 54€ for a private room. Just off the Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In Redondela: albergue parroquial Santiago Apostol: super clean, great beds & multiple bathrooms, bright & airy. Wonderful kitchen, free wash, large outdoor patio. Run by the parish, evening Mass well attended by friendly neighbors.

In Caldas, agree with Hotel/Albergue O Cebreiro: bunk beds in hotel with great windows, private bath for each room, WiFi, laundry area with great terrace, nice living room, microwave, convenient supermarket across the street.

Buen Camino!

Walk on a little bit from Redondela to Cesantes. Here you will find the Albergue called O Refugio de la Jerezena. It’s about 200 metres off the route. Turn right at the main road. Thoroughly recommend this.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes, O Cruceiro. Thanks for correcting.
View from room and bunks with linens, towels, blankets.

Attachments

• IMG_8414.jpeg
    IMG_8414.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8415.jpeg
    IMG_8415.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
In June this year we stayed at A Darsana do Frances - 1km further on from the centre of town. Lovely old house in a huge garden, modern renovation, we had a 4 person bunkroom, kitchen for cooking. Would definitely stay again

Most read last week in this forum

We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.
Hello pilgrims, I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to...
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back