• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Old Pilgrim " badges "

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have a pewter replica of a medieval pilgrim shell badge found in the river near Canterbury on my pack, it has a small St James figure on it too. It reminds me of the long history of the way and makes me wonder about former pilgrims, their stories, their fate, their world and their hopes and dreams which were probably much the same as ours. Thanks for the photo!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thank you Peter for sharing that with us. I purchased a pewter reproduction of a pilgrim's badge in the gift shop at the cathedral in Canterbury but it sounds different from the one described by Nidarosa. It depicts St. Thomas whose martyrdom there made it a pilgrimage site for many as well as the start point for the Via francigena which goes to Rome.
Deacon Jason, I'm sure they will thousands of years hence not just be puzzled by the detritus left behind on the Camino but by things in our homes. My wife always laughs about what future archeologists might make out of the little boxes of baby teeth she's saved from each of our children (don't ask me why) - were we cannibals, or was this part of some burial ritual?
Peace,
John

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum