• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

on arrival in SJPP.....

Darren John

Great news my flights are booked for end of august and I'm thrilled! But have have a thought about the fact my plane doesn't get in till 2 o'clock into bayonne and by the time I get to SJPP it's probably gonna be more 5! Would I still be able to get a bed for the nite local or would it be best to reserve now?

Please help?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Go to the Pilgrim Office. They will have, or find you, a bed.

The Pilgrim Office in SJPdP mentioned by Falcon is located at 39 rue de la Citadelle directly on the camino. The office run by multilingual volunteers, the Amis du Chemin de Saint Jacques, usually stays open for the arrival of the last train/bus. Their telephone is 05 59 37 05 09. They can provide you with maps/and weather info, a Credential and on-site lodging assistance.

The volunteers help run the nearby municipal albergue at 55 rue de la Citadelle, which does NOT take reservations. If that albergue is full they will help find for you other pilgrim lodgings when you are on site. They keep up to the minute lists of all available space both for pilgrims and regular tourists throughout the SJPdP area.

Buen camino!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, everything is already sad, wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I booked at the Auberge du Pelerin, and would recommend doing the same. It is true that most of the time you can find a place to stay last minute, but I've had some first hand experience of being S.O.L as well. Booking when you can is a great idea and advantage. I wouldn't book days in advance, but we were lucky enough to travel from SJPP to Burgos with a group that included two Irish that called in a reservation for our group of 9 on a daily basis. As the camino becomes more popular, the "rush" for beds can put a negative spin on your camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum