• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

On bus to Ponferrada - where to from there???

BobY333

Time of past OR future Camino
2024 - which Camino? IDK!
2025 CF from SJPdP?
Due to bad weather up north and Suzanne’s terrible blisters (a first), we’re on a bus to Ponferrada.

We’re considering either the Francés or Invierno from there. They have their pros and cons!

CF pros: People/social (but too many?), more options given injury, ability to send the pack ahead (again, good with an injury)

CF cons: Crowds, we’ve walked it before

CI pros: new to us, some of the terrain looks very nice

CI cons: we know absolutely nothing about it and would be winging it from the start; it seems there are fewer stage options; there may not be others(?)

Thoughts? Thank you!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I try to be very careful with making recommendations on the forum because I really don't know enough about the people looking for advice. I usually say something like I suggest. In this case I suggest you take my recommendation to walk the Francés. You've already given the reasons.

Frances is beautiful Villa Franca, Ocebriero, the best.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum