• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino On the Train to Pamplona

Leaniamath

Just left Barcelona on the 12:10 train to Pamplona. Bought the ticket 10 minutes ahead so don't worry about pre-booking! $60 euros with Renfe but go into the "today (hoy) large distance" ticket line. Buy a sandwich at the cafe after passing through security as there is no food for 4 hours!!
Plan on starting my Camino tomorrow after a great week in Barcelona with my son!!
Buen Camino all!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
That is exactly what I will be doing in late August (5 1/2 days in Barcelona and then off to Paploma via train). I would love to hear more about what you did and where you stayed in Barcelona. I am just planing that part of my trip. I don't know how to do a private conversation.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I rented a room in a newly renovated apartment B&B in Barcelona for $45 CDN per night. Go on AirBnB website for great places to stay. Then try to. See Sagrada Familia, ParkGuell, and the Olympic Parc on Montjuic. Walk the Main Street "Las Ramblas" for tapas and Sangria...yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum

Spend time in the old city having tinto. Check out a Moroccan tea house for "slow" good and thought - Salterio.

Hope your first few days of walking have been easy on your feet, heart and soul. Buen camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum