• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

One week camino from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port

Jolande17

Time of past OR future Camino
August 11 - 18
I am planning my first camino in August 2018 and alone. I booked a flight to Biarritz and would like to know what airport to choose on my way back. I can walk 15 - 20 Kilometers in a day. Many thanks for your advise

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks RJM. Another question: do i have to book in advance to be accommodated in the pilgrims hostels?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you walk each day from 7am until noon, you will have no problems with the albergues. Just line your bag up in the queue at the front door and wait for it to open.

Reactions: RJM
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You might also just start in , say Pamplona and do a nice bit towards Burgos, and leave San Jean for another time.... many do .
You will save some time getting to the starting point and you might have lesser crowds and better choice of accomodation..

Thanks Stivander. I just booked a flight to Biarritz and fly out from Madrid. I saw that this part SJPDP is a bit difficult, I did not read enough before booking my flight.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
From Pamplona or Logrono it's two hours on a bus to Bilbao. The train from Logrono takes 2 hours as well. The aerobus runs 3 times an hour and is easy.

The first two times I walked (for only 5 days each time) I returned to the UK via Bilbao, travelling from each of the above cities. I didn't finish walking in either city, but took local buses from wherever I was. There are good bus services to each city running through a lot of the smaller towns and villages you'll walk through or pass nearby.

Hope this helps.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks Julia. I booked from Lyon (where I live) to Biarritz then coming back from Madrid to Lyon. I can still change my flight but just thinking whether Madrid is also possible, and what transport means can bring me to Madrin

Most read last week in this forum