• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Orthez: Accommodation

amancio

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
Dear fellow piligrims! I am hoping to do a stretch of LE Puy camino on September 1st, I will be arriving in Orthez, do you know of any particular place to stay? Hotel, pension, something like that, my wife and myself will be arriving at 7 pm on a Sunday, probably too late to go to a hostel/albergue, so a reasonable hotel or pension should do.
Thanks a million for any help! I will place this in the Vezelay camino page just in case too.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Amancio,
There is only one pilgrim albergue "L'hôtel de la Lune", 14 rue de l’Horloge, 6 beds, keys at Town Hall: tel. 05 59 38 32 84 - or at hôtel restaurant "Reine Jeanne", rue Bourg-Vieux 44 (100m).
You can find "La Reine Jeanne" on booking.com if you prefer a "real" hotel...
Buen Camino, Jacques-D.

Another point: Orthez is NOT on the le Puy route, but on the Voie de Vézelay...
Which is nice as well, but much less frequented!
Buen Camino, Jacques-D.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I stayed at "L'hôtel de la Lune" in 2017, a great place for an overnight. Attached is photo of the exterior. To get to the rooms you climb up stone steps in the old tower.
Ralph K

I stayed at "L'hôtel de la Lune" in 2017, a great place for an overnight. Attached is photo of the exterior. To get to the rooms you climb up stone steps in the old tower.
Ralph K

View attachment 62291
wow, that tower looks cool! I heard Orthez is quite dispirited, so I might stay in Bayonne and take the early morning train to Orthez instead. Thanks for the info!

Another point: Orthez is NOT on the le Puy route, but on the Voie de Vézelay...
Which is nice as well, but much less frequented!
Buen Camino, Jacques-D.
Indeed! It is a convenient place for catching up the Le Puy route and warm legs a little bit before facing the Pyrenees! Although I might also consider taking the Vezelay route instead, not quite sure yet...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.