• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Overnight in Bordeaux

Tartanbarb

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2015
I have a night in Bordeaux on Thursday 21 May, meeting a friend the following day in SJPP. Any ideas where to stay or what to do for a night being solo in Bordeaux, I will be flying into Bordeaux early Thursday evening and heading towards SJPP next morning by train. Would be great to hear from others who took the same route

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I like Hotel des Quatre Soeurs, it is informal and fairly inexpensive by Bordeuax standards in one of the livelier areas of Bordeaux near the tourist office and Opera House with many restaurants and bistros (just several blocks south) sitting right on the tram line.

Bordeaux is a fantastic stop. You will enjoy just walking around this great City.
We were surprised and amazed when we visited on the way home from a Camino. We had stopped to visit with friends we had walked with on the VdlP.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Hotel Notre Dame is very good with a magnificent restaurant directly opposite.
Opposite the train station can be a bit uninspiring .

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum