• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pamplona from Aragones

BlueBowers

Time of past OR future Camino
Aragones 2016
Frances 2016
Fisstere and Muxia 2016
I am planning my Camino for Oct of 2016 and hope to start from Lourdes, connecting to the Aragones. After arriving at Obanos/Puente de la Reina I'm considering either a) taking a bus to Pamplona or b) trekking up to Alto del Perdon and returning. Any advice/comments on this plan? Thanks.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi, BlueBowers

Welcome to the forum!

I walked the Aragones this past July and went from Puente La Reina to Pamplona by bus. There is a bus around 2:30 or so and it's a very quick trip. If you were going to walk to the Alto del Perdon, of course, you would turn right at Obanos and not go into Puente la Reina. It should be easy to "walk backwards" at this point on the camino since there will be so many people walking towards you that you will always know which way to go! Buen camino, Laurie

p.s. I don't know if they've straightened out the opening times of Eunate, but when we passed through we were very disappointed to see that the church didn't open till afternoon. In Puente la REina, the woman in the tourist office was very apologetic but let us know very clearly that it was not the government's doing -- it was the church that was in charge and had restricted visiting times.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you both for the replies, particularly the bus schedule. Is it necessary to call and reserve beds at the gites in France?

Most read last week in this forum