• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pamplona to Astorga - Renfe

bellamira

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2024 Leon to Santiago
I am starting my Camino from Astorga on 18th May. I have a reunion in Pamplona the week before so I will need a train from Pamplona to Astorga on the 17th May. I have searched regularly for the past several months to no avail. Am I still too early?

I know you can set alerts for when tickets go on sale but this appears to be one of the few routes that isn't eligible for booking alerts.

An easy fix would be to just start walking from Pamplona but this isn't possible - I'm meeting friends in Astorga.

If I can't get any tickets before I leave, I will go to the ticket booth on my first day in Spain to try and secure my seats - what is the likelihood that I will be successful? I'm not precious about where I sit and if I'm separated from my travelling companion.

Thanks for any advice.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
RENFE seem to be even more delayed than usual in releasing train tickets at the moment; although May dates probably wouldn’t be available yet in ‘normal for RENFE’ times. The only solution seems to be to keep checking

You are still to early to book a ticket for May. RENFE are showing trains up till the end of April. There is a direct train every Friday at 13:08 arrives Astorga 17:36. It's possible that a combination of train to Palencia and a change there would also work.

You should be able to pre-book at some point next month or in early May.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum