• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pamplona to SJPP April 14 2023

Brian&Deb J.

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances Apr 2016
Frances Apr 16 2023
We ( 2 of us) arrive in Pamplona by train around noon, then on to SJPP same day. Would be nice to connect with someone for a ride share. If it doesn't work out, we'll take the bus

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We ( 2 of us) arrive in Pamplona by train around noon, then on to SJPP same day. Would be nice to connect with someone for a ride share. If it doesn't work out, we'll take the bus
I would be interested as I too will be in Pamplona trying to get to SJPP on the 14th.

I would be interested as I too will be in Pamplona trying to get to SJPP on the 14th.
Do you know the bus schedule or how to find the bus schedule from Pamplona to St Jean?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Do you know the bus schedule or how to find the bus schedule from Pamplona to St Jean?
If you go to the alsa website and put in Pamplona to SJ- it comes up as showing one bus leaving at noon. Not sure if there are other buses (maybe they aren’t posted yet?) I’m coming from Madrid and will be there around 10:30. You can find bus station and train station on google maps. They don’t appear too far from each other

You can find bus station and train station on google maps. They don’t appear too far from each other
Take bus #9 from the train station to get to (near) the underground bus station. During weekday commute times the bus should depart every 12 minutes and take about 15 minutes to get to the bus station [schedule]. The entrance to the Estación de Autobuses is a low glass building in the northeast corner of the park. You may find enough pilgrims at the stations to make it worth while to share a taxi to SJPdP.

The red lines show part of route #9 and the open circles are stops. Pamplona has a terrific bus information website stopping short of giving you the birthday of the bus driver who will be picking you up. infotuc.es

Last edited:
Thanks Rick (of Rick and Peg!) Your posts were very helpful during your planning in 2016. And here you are...still being helpful. Very much appreciated!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am happy to share a taxi ride. But I am landing around 5PM in Pamplona airport. If someone has a similar schedule, let me know.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum