• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Percentage Paved?

TTHotShot

Hi,

I have been going through some pictures and guides, but still can't get a good idea for the trail type. What percentage of the VdlP is paved (enough for a touring bike or skateboard)?

Best,
Alex

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I only did the VdlP from Sevilla to Merida. Mountain bike will be ok, skateboard not possible...

Grtz

I've just ridden the whole route. You need a mountain bike, a touring bike will not cut it unless you stick wholly to the road.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
To my great sadness and regret, I have just had to abandon my attempt at the VdlP due to severe blistering and the atrocious weather. You might be OK on a mountain bike ... but a skateboard would, I think, be ridiculous!
Buen camino from a Cyber house in Santiago (fairly steady light rain showers, and frequent torrential downpours.)
Stephen.

Santiago is a restful place to recover. Congratulations on what you did.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hola Stephen,

My thoughts & best wishes are with you, Take care & well done, enjoy Santiago.
David

Stephen, I understand how you feel. I also had to abandon the vdlp because of extreme heat and lack of water resources. Someday (in Springtime!) I will finish.

Well done!

Most read last week in this forum