• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Phone connection

Jurgitad

Time of past OR future Camino
I plan to walk from Porto to Santiago in the second half of September 2014
Hi everyone,
I need to be available by phone with my local sim card while walking the Camino, roaming is active. What about connection? Are any areas where there are no connection? I will go from Porto to Santiago
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
What about connection? Are any areas where there are no connection?
If you have AT&T international service, you have the Vodafone network, which is the most comprehensive in Spain. If you have general roaming, there are at least three networks, one of which will work almost everywhere. However, the roaming charges will be substantial.

Thanks ! Do you know about Portugal network? Is good connection there?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks ! Do you know about Portugal network? Is good connection there?
Along the coast, it seemed just fine with the usual signal drop off in valleys and remoter areas. Vodafone dominates the Portuguese market, too. Again, roaming without an international data and voice plan will be expensive.

Most read last week in this forum