• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pilgrim's staff

biloute

Time of past OR future Camino
Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (summer 2014), Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (possible summer 2019)
I'd like to get a pilgrim's staff (bourdon/bâton de pèlerin) in Le Puy before I start the camino this summer. Can anyone tell me where to find them, and approximately how much they cost? Only thing I've come across so far is this: bourdon-pelerin.com

Very nice, but a bit pricier than I'd like to spend.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
They are everywhere! They are not that pricey, but expect 20-25E. You can pick one up in the forest (without gourd, which has a very irritating swing to it) for free. You can improve it a bit with a rubber tip from a hardware or China store (like dollar stores in the U.S.).

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I saw them last year beginning around 6 euros and going up.
Like Falcon says, they are everywhere!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Or make one yourself. In the UK hazel and blackthorn are the most commonly used to make staffs and crooks etc., for a pilgrimage blackthorn would be too heavy and a sturdy hazel one would be best.

Thank you so much for the link! I have been looking for a staff for a long time - not to use on the camino but decoration around the house ;-) I was tempted to get one on the camino but couldn't figure out how to get it on the plane as carry on.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum