• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Planes, Trains, Madrid Airport

new castle

Hello All:

I am planning to hike the Camino from 9/27 - 11/1.

I am flying from Boston to Madrid, landing at 7:10AM in Terminal 4S.

I then plan on taking a connecting flight to San Sebastion at 8:50AM in Terminal 4.

There is also an 11:40AM flight that I could book as well.

Having never been to Madrid Airport, how feasible is catching the 8:50AM flight, going from Terminal 4S to 4, and presumably clearing passport control?

Any insight is greeatly appreciated.

Best, Paul

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Iberia are selling this as a valid connection on their website so you should be fine. I've never transited through T4 myself but it is very modern and was designed with connections in mind.
As long as you book the whole itinerary on one ticket, if your Boston-Madrid flight is delayed, Iberia are obliged to book you onto the later flight free of charge.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

We have traveled several times with a similar problem (intercontinental - national), but always with IBERIA. One hour 40 minutes between arrival at one terminal in Madrid and departure at the other means rushing, and depending upon the lines at passport control one can get really nervous. We've generally made it. (one case of serious delay meant rescheduling our flight in Spain)
However, as Whalleyranger wrote, if you book flights with IBERIA, the airline will solve any connection problem. Should you fly with another airline to Madrid, and there is a delay at arrival, you'll loose the national connection and risk not having a seat on a next flight out.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum