• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How does one travel from the train station Madrid Chamartin to Madrid Barajas airport?

DianaEB

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese April 2022
Hello. Does anyone know how to travel from the train station Madrid Chamartin to Madrid Barajas airport? Thank you.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
You can either take the metro or the commuter line trains, which are called CercanĂ­as. The commuter trains are much faster and have no pickpockets, but they only stop at T4. If you are flying Iberia, or an Iberia partner, you will fly out of T4.

If you’re on any other airline, you will fly out of T1, 2, or 3. in that case, your choice is to take the metro, or to take the commuter train to T4 and hop on an intra-airport bus. It’s free and runs very frequently. I think it takes about 10 minutes.

You will easily find a taxi at the station if that’s what you’re looking for. Fixed rates, and it will probably be much quicker because the route from the train station to the airport does not go through central Madrid.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello. Does anyone know how to travel from the train station Madrid Chamartin to Madrid Barajas airport? Thank you.
Yes, Take Cercanias train C1 or C10. It leaves from the lower level of Chamartin. After you exit the secure area from your train there is a staircase heading down to the tracks. Be sure you are going the right direction toward the airport and not the otherway. You can usually ask an employee that is in that hallway for the correct track.

Yes, Take Cercanias train C1 or C10. It leaves from the lower level of Chamartin. After you exit the secure area from your train there is a staircase heading down to the tracks. Be sure you are going the right direction toward the airport and not the otherway. You can usually ask an employee that is in that hallway for the correct track.
Thank you :eek:)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Take a taxi. They are easy to find and there is a fixed rate. Better than trying to figure out public transportation.
For those of us on a budget the taxi may be easier but it is alot more expensive. 33 Euros is usually more than I spend in a full day on the camino. It is actually really easy to use public transportation. If I can figure it out without much of a problem anyone can.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We always take the CercanĂ­as and it works very well. As others have mentioned, if you are connecting to/from a regular Renfe train, you likely have a combinado and the ride is free. Just be sure to use one of the turnstiles with the optical reader / scanner. They are usually to one end of the other of the line of turnstiles.

Bus or train to Atocha Station. Exit Atocha station to the circle where all the buses load and unload. There is a shuttle bus that will take you directly to the airport. Just walk around the circle and you will either see the post that indicates the stop or the bus itself. Make sure to allow hours to visit the Reina Sofia museum across the street from Atocha Station. Picasso's Guernica is there. Perhaps get advanced tickets. If you don't you will regret it.

I did that last year, but caught a taxi because I was going to an airport hotel to catch an early morning flight out, and bus or metro was not feasible. The taxi fare was (last year), I was informed, and paid, a standard 26Euros from Chamartin to the Departures at the airport. The taxi rank at Chamartin is out, around the back of the station.
BTW - my hotel had a free shuttle to the airport.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Take a taxi. They are easy to find and there is a fixed rate. Better than trying to figure out public transportation.

It is ridiculously easy to get from Chamartin to the airport as there is a direct train between the two. It's also far cheaper than taking a taxi.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back