• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Portuguese Coastal mid October to mid November

mcopeland

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - April-June, 2016
Portuguese Lisbon-Santiago - October, 2017
We are heading to the Portuguese Camino Coastal from Lisbon route staring October 19th, spending about a month walking plus rest days. Any special challenges about walking that time of year? I've checked temperatures and they seen good (at least to this Texan - 100F right now). I'm hoping we don't need a sleeping bag - we survived fine last year on the Frances late April in really cold albergues with a liner, light jacket and sometimes a fleece. I'm guessing that by the time we get to Porto it will be November. Will we find enough places open? We don't mind hotels or pensiones.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Porto is a very popular tourist destination. there are hundreds of cheap hotels. Weather on the coast is very unpredicatable. prepare for all types.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum