• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Public transport options

gemdrag

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2023
My 2 sisters and I are walking our 4th section of the camino from Logroño to Sahagùn in May. We may need to get public transport or the odd taxi occasionally. Are they readily available along the route.?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There are taxis available in the main towns. Bus services on the section you mention are very variable. I seem to recall that there is a reasonable service between Logroño, Najera and Santo Domingo de la Calzada. In a few places like Hontanas sometimes only once or twice per week.

Yes, once you get to the Meseta after Burgos, there are fewer buses. Ask for a taxi in a bar if you need one...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Your post has the Piemonte tagged in its header yet you mention the route from logroño to Sahagún. That may confuse some folks or limit your answers a bit.

Your post has the Piemonte tagged in its header yet you mention the route from logroño to Sahagún. That may confuse some folks or limit your answers a bit.
I have moved the thread to the Camino Francés forum.

Thnx for your reply

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum