• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Purchasing walking poles in Porto

smp

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2017
Portugues 2018
Norte 2022
I'm wondering if someone can recommend a place in Porto to purchase walking poles (and prices) if anyone has done this.
I have my favourite collapsible poles I used on the Camino Frances last year but will be doing more Ryan air type flights this year and I'm wanting to stay with a carry on bag only. I think it may be cheaper to buy a pair in Porto than to pay for a bag every flight as poles are generally not allowed in carry on bags. Any info will be much appreciated.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You can also check out Sport Zone and the Camping Shop. They are both in the center Porto.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Great, thanks so much!

I bought poles at a great shop in the historical centre of Porto.

Laventura
Address: Rua Trinidad Coelho n. 40
4050-618 Porto
Phone: 220 113 593

I can't recommend walking pole shops, I can highly recommend a nice desert and a glass of white port.

Oh yeah. You brought me happy memories of Porto!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum