• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Poles in Porto

laurenjk

Time of past OR future Camino
I'll be buying hiking poles in Porto and I do NOT want to buy at Decathalon, which reminds me too much of Walmart. I see there is Camping Store in Porto, but the site does not show hiking poles (so much other gear, though...so maybe?) There was mention of a North Face store? Who has purchased poles in porto NOT from Decatholon? Would appreciate your recommendations.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'll be buying hiking poles in Porto and I do NOT want to buy at Decathalon, which reminds me too much of Walmart. I see there is Camping Store in Porto, but the site does not show hiking poles (so much other gear, though...so maybe?) There was mention of a North Face store? Who has purchased poles in porto NOT from Decatholon? Would appreciate your recommendations.
I don't know where you are now , when you are still in the US buy them there.
Problem solved. 😞😞

I purchased from Porto Decathalon and I didn’t find anything wrong with the store or brand. You’d probably have to call that camping store to see if they have piles or email them. I asked on both this forum and Reddit in March about poles in Porto and Decathalon was the only place in Porto that people knew of. You can bring poles from home if willing to check your bag but I don’t think your dislike of Decathalon is worth the hassle of finding an alternative.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Why don’t you like Decathlon? They have some really user-friendly and lightweight poles right now. As for the quality of their other gear, some items I’ve had for years and they’re still going strong. All at nice prices.

As to the hiking store, calling them to find out if they sell poles is a good idea.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I live in Porto and bought my poles in Decathlon and I have nothing to complaint.
But you can order from Amazon.es and pick them up in a locker of your choice. I buy a lot from Amazon.es and they work great and deliver fast in Porto

I live in Porto and bought my poles in Decathlon and I have nothing to complaint.
But you can order from Amazon.es and pick them up in a locker of your choice. I buy a lot from Amazon.es and they work great and deliver fast in Porto
Where is the decathlon store? I want to buy them from there. I tried to find it. Sorry?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Just saw this on another Camino board So not sure as to the accuracy.

“Sport Zone in the Via Catarina shopping mall situated on R de Santa Catarina in central Porto definitely has poles.”

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.
I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back