• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Question about walking the north route

thessandman

Time of past OR future Camino
no
My son and I want to walk the camino next year. Can we start at the beginning, walk along the coast, then catch a train to jump part of the route and walk the last leg? We plan on walking 120-150 miles, and would like as much as possible along the coast. Would that qualify? Or do you have to only walk.
Thanks

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Thessandman:

As long as you walk the last 100 km's you will qualify for a Compostela.

Ultreya,
Joe

The FEVE narrow guage railway runs along the coast so you can pick it up in many places where it touches the Camino (there are only 2 trains per day most of the way). There is I think a connection going via Gijøn but we used the route through Oviedo. The train turns south at Ribadesella to Oviedo and then north again to the coast and on to Ribadeo. Walking from here easily covers the final 100kms. You might be able to get transport to a point nearer to Santiago and still outside the 100km mark, but we have not done that, apart from going on to Ferrol (by FEVE) to walk the Camino Inglés.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum