• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Quick question: Bus/train options back to Seville in first 5 days

Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018, (2019)
An Alicante-based Camino friend has just contacted me to say he has a five-day holiday at the end of this month + that he would be keen to walk with me for the first 4 or 5 days of my upcoming VdlP Camino.

He asked if I could find out which of the early towns/villages along the route have estacions de tren/autobus that can provide the best chance of a speedy return to Seville, so that he can walk for as long as possible, yet still get back to the Airport at the end of his day 5 (averaging 25-30kms per day = 125km max distance from Sevilla). He will adjust his plans according to the most sensible place to stop and do an about-turn. So, it could be as far as Monesterio/Fuente de Cantos, or it could be a much shorter distance.

Any advice from people familiar with this early part of the route will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
James

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The name of the bus line is LEDA. Check their web site. We took it from Zafra back to Seville just last week. It doesn't follow the route of the Vdlp but it does stop in Monteserio for certain. Let me know if you have questions.

Monesterio and Fuente de Cantos are your best bets as they are well linked by bus with Sevilla with www.leda.es Zafra would be another option if you had the time. It's on the same bus line (to Sevilla) than Monesterio and Fuente de Cantos and, in addition, out of Zafra train is another option (although just once a day).

El Real de la Jara has a bus link to Sevilla on working days from Monday to Friday (morning departure so, maybe, not the best option for you).

Almadén de la Plata and Castilblanco de los Arroyos have a daily bus to Sevilla (morning departure except on Sundays when it departs on the afternoon).

For info (schedules...) of the buses to Sevilla out of Almadén de la Plata, Castilblanco de los Arroyos and El Real de la Jara take a look at www.damas-sa.es

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum