• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recommended Seville accommodation for first two nights?

JustJack

Time of past OR future Camino
CF: May/June 2023
VDLP: April/May 2024
I just booked my flights (yay!) and will arrive in Seville on April 15 (Monday) to walk the VDLP.

I arrive at around 5pm, so it will likely be near 7pm when I reach the centre of Seville.

I want to stay two nights, so that I can stock up on supplies and get my compostela the day after I arrive.

Any recommendations for a cheap place to stay? I need a place that will allow me to stay two nights and not boot me out at 8am. A hotel is the obvious choice, but I'd like to keep costs as low as possible.

So suggestions for an albergue/hostal/pension/hotel that would be suitable? A shared dorm room with cubicals separated by curtains would be ideal. Or a private room with shared bathroom perhaps?

Thanks for your suggestions. Gronze has a few places listed, but booking.com is useless this far out as it only has very expensive hotels listed for next April.

Thanks for your help!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I've stayed at Triana Backpackers twice and found it more than adequate. Includes breakfast, at least it did when I was there last. I also bought my credencial there.

https://www.trianahostel.com/
Yeah something like this would do. Old school bunk beds, but at least there’s a curtain. So what sort of people am I likely to be sharing with? Pilgrims? Backpackers? Tourists? Probably a mix of all three? And would I have access to my bed all day?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I've stayed at Triana Backpackers twice and found it more than adequate. Includes breakfast, at least it did when I was there last. I also bought my credencial there.

https://www.trianahostel.com/
My experience was the same. If you stay there, you are almost certain to meet other pilgrims (which is reassuring as you begin a 1,100 K journey!

IYeah something like this would do. Old school bunk beds, but at least there’s a curtain. So what sort of people am I likely to be sharing with? Pilgrims? Backpackers? Tourists? Probably a mix of all three? And would I have access to my bed all day?
Yes. And access (24hr) is advised on their website. However La Féria de Abril starts on the 14th. Sevilla will be 100%, 24 hour party zone and Triana edges the festival grounds. https://www.visit-andalucia.com/la-feria-de-abril-seville/
You might do better to book a hotel out by the railway station or further out in San Jeromino and beyond. Féria can be pretty bewildering to anyone who has not encountered it before

what sort of people am I likely to be sharing with? Pilgrims? Backpackers? Tourists? Probably a mix of all three? And would I have access to my bed all day?
Jack - for your dates, I’d suggest booking somewhere ASAP. @Tincatinker is spot on re level of activity in Seville at that time. Triana may well already be completo 😎

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes. And access (24hr) is advised on their website. However La Féria de Abril starts on the 14th. Sevilla will be 100%, 24 hour party zone and Triana edges the festival grounds. https://www.visit-andalucia.com/la-feria-de-abril-seville/
You might do better to book a hotel out by the railway station or further out in San Jeromino and beyond. Féria can be pretty bewildering to anyone who has not encountered it before
Yikes, I had no idea... I'll do some research, but off the top of your head do you know if this festival will affect the towns along the VDLP as well, or is it just Seville that will be busier than normal. Also, will the supermarkets etc be closed? I assume they'll be open, but what do I know.

UPDATE: Triana Hostel doesn't seem to have anything available online yet for 2024. I'll try emailing them to see if they have a bed and if I can book now.

Yikes, I had no idea... I'll do some research, but off the top of your head do you know if this festival will affect the towns along the VDLP as well, or is it just Seville that will be busier than normal. Also, will the supermarkets etc be closed? I assume they'll be open, but what do I know.

UPDATE: Triana Hostel doesn't seem to have anything available online yet for 2024. I'll try emailing them to see if they have a bed and if I can book now.
There is a small amount of spill-over in to satellite towns but nothing that should affect a pilgrim. Shops and supermarkets are open. It is generally the better class of bar and restaurants that close for Féria. They just can’t be bothered with the hassle. You might want to look at getting your credencial from Ivar’s shop or elsewhere in advance and how far out of Sevilla you can get on arrival. As I’ve intimidated above, if you haven’t been there you really haven’t been there. Think culture shock like teleporting from a retirement village in the Catskills to a brothel in Bangkok on Bang-Bang Friday. Thought about that? You’re halfway.

My Tinkerish suggestion is find yourself some accommodation, somewhere, anywhere. Then go join the 🎉. Later, when you’re ready, start your pilgrimage. Santiago will still be waiting when you get there

There is a small amount of spill-over in to satellite towns but nothing that should affect a pilgrim. Shops and supermarkets are open. It is generally the better class of bar and restaurants that close for Féria. They just can’t be bothered with the hassle. You might want to look at getting your credencial from Ivar’s shop or elsewhere in advance and how far out of Sevilla you can get on arrival. As I’ve intimidated above, if you haven’t been there you really haven’t been there. Think culture shock like teleporting from a retirement village in the Catskills to a brothel in Bangkok on Bang-Bang Friday. Thought about that? You’re halfway.

My Tinkerish suggestion is find yourself some accommodation, somewhere, anywhere. Then go join the 🎉. Later, when you’re ready, start your pilgrimage. Santiago will still be waiting when you get there
Thanks again for the heads up. I saw there were a few hostels with dorm beds available on Booking.com. I'll look at getting something secured asap.

This isn't quite the quiet start to my camino that I had envisioned!

This isn't quite the quiet start to my camino that I had envisioned!
Isn’t that part of the joy of Camino- that it’ll bite your bum just when you’d got relaxed.

It’s my reasonable assumption that you will not get the rest that you are anticipating in any backpacker dorm. Sleep zone will be 5am till noon, early afternoon. If post-flight R&R is your target head out of town, not in. If you’re flight is flexible try one week earlier or one week later. You may even find a saving on the flight

If you’re flight is flexible try one week earlier or one week later. You may even find a saving on the flight
Ironically I selected my dates based on the cheapest dates to fly into Seville and out of Madrid. The the price was $600 (420 euros) cheaper than what it cost me this spring, which is why I went ahead and booked without giving the dates too much thought.

Not sure why flights into Seville are cheap during the festival, but I'm guessing it might be because the local Spaniards fill the hotels, so international visitors avoid those dates. I'm flying Air France, and there's a good chance that their bookings are down that week because foreigners are avoiding going at that time.

Ironically I selected my dates based on the cheapest dates to fly into Seville and out of Madrid. The the price was $600 (420 euros) cheaper than what it cost me this spring, which is why I went ahead and booked without giving the dates too much thought.

Not sure why flights into Seville are cheap during the festival, but I'm guessing it might be because the local Spaniards fill the hotels, so international visitors avoid those dates. I'm flying Air France, and there's a good chance that their bookings are down that week because foreigners are avoiding going at that time.
Spot on! Flights are cheap, hotels are savage. Give it a week either way and the positions reverse

As a nudge to anyone following this thread with peripheral interest but planning their Camino. The BEST way to get to the BEST starting place for your BEST Camino is often not the obvious one.

The Gods have a sense of humour far to subtle for most of us to appreciate. Add to that challenge the sensibilities of airline AI and Grandma’s advice that “if I was going there I wouldn’t start from here” makes ever more sense

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My Triana roommates were absolutely delightful as they left at 10:00 pm and returned while I was eating breakfast. After my flight and with earplugs, I had a great sleep and didn’t hear any hostel or street noise. My advice is to book your room and don’t fret; it’s sure to be your best Camino.

I just booked my flights (yay!) and will arrive in Seville on April 15 (Monday) to walk the VDLP.

I arrive at around 5pm, so it will likely be near 7pm when I reach the centre of Seville.

I want to stay two nights, so that I can stock up on supplies and get my compostela the day after I arrive.

Any recommendations for a cheap place to stay? I need a place that will allow me to stay two nights and not boot me out at 8am. A hotel is the obvious choice, but I'd like to keep costs as low as possible.

So suggestions for an albergue/hostal/pension/hotel that would be suitable? A shared dorm room with cubicals separated by curtains would be ideal. Or a private room with shared bathroom perhaps?

Thanks for your suggestions. Gronze has a few places listed, but booking.com is useless this far out as it only has very expensive hotels listed for next April.

Thanks for your help!
The room007 Salvador hostel and For You hostel are fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yeah something like this would do. Old school bunk beds, but at least there’s a curtain. So what sort of people am I likely to be sharing with? Pilgrims? Backpackers? Tourists? Probably a mix of all three? And would I have access to my bed all day?

Trianna Backpackers- Mix of all three last year. Mainly young excited noisy backpackers - one pilgrim that I did not meet who left the day I arrived. Lovely albergue but I wasn’t impressed with my dorm mates packing bags at 2 am and being generally noisy.
Being used to a albergues with a 10 pm curfew it was a bit of a shock - but manageable.
I stayed there hoping to meet other pilgrims (late September) but it didn’t happen.
The Trianna area is a great location and cheaper than the town across the river. But I might think twice about staying there again.

I'm having a hard time finding affordable private accommodation in Seville for next April, due to the festival happening. I found a place on Booking that's north of the centre. It's a new listing so there aren't any reviews yet. All I really care is that there are shops relatively close by and it isn't where the drug addicts hang out. Anyone familiar with Seville? It's the pin with the blue shaded circle around it.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-09-29 144247.png

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I found a place on Booking that's north of the centre. It's a new listing so there aren't any reviews yet. All I really care is that there are shops relatively close by and it isn't where the drug addicts hang out. Anyone familiar with Seville? It's the pin with the blue shaded circle around it.
It's fine - a bit of a tramp to the Giralda. In terms of where 'drug addicts hang out', I'm guessing you mean the tiny former red light district, which is to the south-west and which, thanks to local government efforts a few decades ago, today is barely in evidence and nothing to worry about.

It's fine - a bit of a tramp to the Giralda. In terms of where 'drug addicts hang out', I'm guessing you mean the tiny former red light district, which is to the south-west and which, thanks to local government efforts a few decades ago, today is barely in evidence and nothing to worry about.
Thanks for the feedback.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yes to all your statements and questions. I stayed there in April this year. They have a nice rooftop patio. Like an open air lounge. The staff are really helpful. Also is situated across the river from the city centre so plenty of cheaper eating places.

Most read last week in this forum

After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
I think I’m on day 12, so not quite two weeks in. Thus far the VDLP is definitely a different animal than the CF. And I have to say, I’m struggling to enjoy it as much as the CF last year. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back