• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Rates to esposende

Mike1

Veteran member
Time of past OR future Camino
6 Camino 2013 to 2019
I plan on walking from rates on the central route to esposende on the Costa route, this is shown in the Brierly guide,only by a dotted line, but no details are given. Has anyone walked this route, is it well signed, and are there shops or cafes en route?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi.

Have you already walked this?
The route is fairly well signed. You'll find indication as you arrive in Rates. You leave Rates through a disused railway line, now turned ecopath. You then leave it and follow dirtnpaths through fields and cobbled road.
I believe no cafes or stores until you reach Fonte Boa, at least not directly on the camino.

Thanks for the reply, but because I could not find any information at the time, I changed my plan and did not try this route.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum