• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Recommend stay Rates or Pedra Furada ?

Suz Siberia

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Hi just started my Camino from Porto today - and ruined my feet on day 1 with my boots that were fantastic last year on the Francis - I am at vila do condo but will never make it to Barcelos tomorrow - any recommendation on albergues in either Rates or Pedra Furada?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

I loved that small albergue in Pedra Furada. Owner Antonio Martins is a gem. The family restaurant is wonderful.
Take good care!!

Casa Maria was a super good deal. 30E for a double, we had the whole place to ourselves, it’s right before António’s. But we ate at Antonio’s and it was great.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
two years ago--Rates was a wonderful stay-about same time of year.
Over 4 hours of hobbling from Sao Pedro de Rates to Pedra Furada; where I caught a cab to Barcelos finally giving in to both Achilles: then train to Lisbon, then new flight to East Coast. The coffee was good as I awaited the cab he called.

I loved that small albergue in Pedra Furada. Owner Antonio Martins is a gem. The family restaurant is wonderful.
Take good care!!

I agree. I had a wonderful stay and great conversations with Antonio. I would definitely stay there again.

Mike

Most read last week in this forum