• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Rotary and Inner Wheel clubs on the Camino

Isobeljc

Still walking
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances “2017”
Aragones “2018”
Portuguese “2018”
Greetings all,

My husband and I are very excited to start from SJDP in a few weeks.

We are both proud members of our Rotary Club and I am also a proud Inner Wheel member. As they are international organisations, we are always welcome to attend meetings all over the world.

Like Camino friends, you can never have too many Rotary and Inner Wheel friends.

We would like to visit some Spanish clubs if possible. We have found some but would love to have a contact.

If anyone can help us we would be very grateful.

Thanks Isobel

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Lions International has a directory of clubs on its website. Rotary probably has the same thing on its website. You might want to check there.

Thank you for your reply.
I have already found some. I was hoping that someone may have a personal contact just to make things a bit easier.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I did a lot of club visiting when I was in Rotary. Personal contacts in advance are really not necessary - everyone was very warm and welcoming. Be sure to take some of your home-club banners with you, for exchange. And the directory will give you contact info; you can email in advance.

Be aware that these are businesspeople, dressed in business attire. Check meal times and places carefully in your email, as the information may have been updated since the directory post. Rotary Clubs are a lovely way to develop personal contacts around the world -- but it is a very different experience from the pilgrim life.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum