• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Santiago to the Algarve--train?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Pilgrimyogi,

Well you can do it by train but may depend where you need to get to in the Algarve and how long you have to do it.

Santiago - Vigo, then Vigo to Porto (two trains per day 7:40 ish in morning and 7:40 ish in evening), then, as an example, Porto to Portimao (5 indirect trains a day).

If you want to PM with your approximate time and date of travel and the point on the Algarve you are trying to get to, I'm happy to try and find a route or provide the relevant links for you to investigate at your leisure.

Almost certainly bus options as well.

Regards
Mig

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks, Miguel. I have a few days after the camino to do some sightseeing. I might take a train or bus back to Porto, and then catch a Ryanair flight to Faro, which looks easy.

Most read last week in this forum