• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Shared taxi from Santiago to Sarria October 4th, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laerkeedith

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello! I am walking Sarria - Santiago starting tomorrow. I arrive at Santiago Airport on October 4th at 22:45 and would like to go straight to Sarria. If anyone is interested in sharing a taxi or knows anything about how to get there at that time of the day without taxi, please let me know!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Amigo, find yourself a hotel near the airport and get the morning bus. Just what exactly were you planning to do in Sarria at 2 in the morning? You’ll definitely not feel comfortable in the only bar that is still open at that hour (lovely people, great sense of humour, occasionally challenging). Start walking? Daylight will come at about 8am after which you will be able to establish just how lost you are. You might find an hotel in Sarria that’ll let you check in at 2am but you’ll be paying night-shift wages in your room rate.

There are iro 30 hotels in Santiago with built in 24 hour reception and there is a fixed price taxi ride available

Happy planning and buen Camino

I agree with @Tincatinker. Stay overnight in a hotel in Santiago and then make your way to Sarria the following morning either by bus (or taxi if you choose). Most albergues won't allow you entry that late at night and if they did it the commotion of your arrival would be very disturbing to your pilgrim bunkmates. There is a direct bus daily from Santiago at around 11 a.m. arriving shortly after 1 p.m.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am meeting my boyfriend in Sarria, he has already rented a room for the two of us, so don’t worry, I won’t be disturbing for any of the other pilgrims
I need to be in Sarria tomorrow so we can start walking Tuesday morning, otherwise we can’t keep our schedule

I suggest you whatsapp one of the taxiservices tonight to get an idea about price and availability.
Would not improvise tomorrow evening.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It is already Tuesday. Do you mean Thursday?

In 2022 I arrived at Santiago airport late at night. I found an hotel ( Hotel Garcas) close to the airport. I took a taxi from the airport to the hotel taxi. Caught an early morning bus back to the airport. ( the hotel is on a main bus route to the airport). Caught the bus to Lugo and then on to Sarria. I cannot remember the costs and times, but it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum