• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

ship a package to St Jean Pied

Jola Dvr

Time of past OR future Camino
Aug-Sep 2015
I will be traveling only with a small carry on backpack but I need to bring some things that are not allowed on a plane, such as a small swiss knife, for example. Does anyone know a place in St Jean to which I could ship a small package? thanks

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It would much easier to just buy a knife or other items like that in St. Jean or Pamplona. There are shops in both and the shopping can be a nice added experience.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Buy an Opinel knife in SJPDP, a French made high quality knife, very inexpensive and not a big deal if you lose it.

The knife you need is the Opinel no. 9 with built-in corkscrew and with it you're set for life on the Camino.
Bread, cheese, chorizo, jamon, vino etc will all be sorted with a knife like that and you'll be everybody's friend at mealtime!

Last edited:
I always buy an Opinel when I get to Spain. (or France) I don't get the corkscrew version as I don't use the corkscrew. High quality, very sharp knives for less then 10 euros.
Great souvenirs and very practical..

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
They are available in many places...I have found them in bakeries, fruit markets, hardware stores, chino stores...easy to find.
You usually just see a couple of sizes and not many of the "specialized" ones.

I will be traveling only with a small carry on backpack but I need to bring some things that are not allowed on a plane, such as a small swiss knife, for example. Does anyone know a place in St Jean to which I could ship a small package? thanks

Not sure where you are shipping from, if you're from outside the EU, you'll have to pay duties to pick up your package and I doubt the place you ship it to would want to pay for it. Buying an Opinel knife locally will be cheaper than trying to ship one over, I myself own an Opinel No.8 and is one of my favorite knives.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum