This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

shorts, trousers, capris in August and September

snowhite273

Mar 11, 2013
Time of past OR future Camino
September 2013
Hi All

More packing questions, Will I really need long trousers in August and September, trying to keep things as light as possible and I really dont like the zippy off ones. I will be taking lightweight thermals to sleep in so have them as back up also will just a lightweight fleece do.

Love and sparkles

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

fortview

Jun 18, 2012
Gloucestershire UK
Camino frances Sept/oct 2012 , Salvador, Primitivo 2013
Cotswold Way July 2014
European Peace Walk August 2014 (John)
Hi snowhite,
Last sept/oct I didn't take trousers, just 2 pairs lightweight shorts. When it got colder I put a pair of leggings under the shorts. A lightweight fleece is fine. I bought a heavier weight one in Leon, when it was getting colder.there are always places you can buy warmer stuff should you need it.
Buen camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
W

whariwharangi

Shorts would be cooler and lighter.

The downside is they provide no protection from the sun and wind. I wore shorts with knee length gaiters but that might be overkill in August.

Some places get cool at night, particularly in the mountain passes. A light jacket may need to be complemented with a light tuque and scarf even in August.

snowhite273

Mar 11, 2013
September 2013
skilsaw said:
Snow white!
The dress and apron you wore in the 1950's Disney movie with the 7 Dwarfs would do just fine.
That, and a pair of satin pumps. Hiking boots just won't go with your dress,

Buen Camino,
David, Victoria, Canada.

Im having trouble getting red glittery hiking boots, but thankfully I will find my way to Santiago de compostela by clicking my heels.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum