• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Show me your tattoo

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hot off the needle...the ink not yet dry, First I must walk....then I can Run and finally I will Fly.
As if PRP plasma needles were not enough. View attachment 51790View attachment 51791
It continues to amaze me that no matter how different we may be individually; nationality, age, gender, reasons for walking, path chosen etc, our experiences impact us similarly & lead us to do things that we may not normally consider. I've never been a fan of tattoos, esp as they seem to be addictive... , but I'm already envisioning mine. Starting next month, I'm walking the full Via Francigena from London to Rome. When I return home, on my upper arm, I want a tattoo of a shield divided into four with; a scallop shell (multiple Caminos), St Olav's Way cross (Norway), the Sanskrit mark for "yu"..to join, connect, bond, unite (Way of 88 Temples, Japan) & the 2 keys of St Peter (VF). Still deciding on wording; would like 'Not all who wander are lost' (I prefer it without 'those') but could be too long for the size of the tattoo. I want to represent all the paths that have meant so much to me. And for future walks?...well, thats what my other arm is for! I don't think there could be a more personal way to symbolize your journey. Now...will I chicken out...?!

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
October 2018 and met a guy that was working volunteering and he had a full sleeve tattoo of different Camino things it was awesome I don’t know why you didn’t take pictures

Here's mine!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190716-075932_Gallery.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20190716-075919_Gallery.jpg
    877.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20190716-075932_Gallery.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 25
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Mine says “Cor unum in Deum” -one heart in God. It is written on the small wooden cross that is worn by the nuns in Carrion de los Condes and has special meaning because I was asked to sing two songs at the pilgrim mass the evening I stayed there.
Two weeks later I ran into a pilgrim who had been at that mass. He said he bought two of their crosses-one for him and the other he did not know why. But when he saw me he said he knew; it was for me.
Moni

I think that my tattoo was what kept me going some days. I was not going to get one unless I completed all 500 miles. I DID and I love my tattoo.

Attachments

• 114D6918-DF25-41DB-98AA-0BC0724C57A4_1_201_a.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
After my 4th Camino in 4 years, I got this tattoo in Santiago.

Attachments

• 4729BFB5-3208-49BE-802A-16FC1C2EDF0F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum