• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sleeping bag - October camino?

strwbrryfields

Good Evening Pilgrims -

I will be traveling the Camino Frances from Burgos to Finisterre in October. I am in the midst of gathering my supplies. Will a sleeping bag liner suffice for early/ mid October? Or would a very light sleeping bag be better? Can I get away with a liner and a fleece blanket? I am trying to reconcile comfort versus weight. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
-Hillary

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I walked in October 2012 and was definitely glad I had a light sleeping bag with me. However, we all sleep different. I would definitely prefer to have a blanket instead since I don't like my legs being confined all the time- but I also feel like a fleece blanket would practically be the same weight as a bag... it's hard to say, we are all different. Nothing less than a liner and a blanket I'd say- there are many albergues that don't offer any bedding so you need to be prepared!

Welcome to the forum Hillary. A sleeping bag with a silk liner IMO for that time of year. Have a great time planning and Buen Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum