• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sleeping Bag or Thermolite Extreame

John Roberts

Time of past OR future Camino
None
My wife and I are walking from Lisbon to Santiago (the inland route) in from 4 September finishing in Santiago on 6 October. Can anyone give me advice as to what to use as our sleeping arrangements. The Thermolite Extreame is a sleeping bag liner that adds 15 degrees C to a sleeping bag and is lighter than a sleeping bag but will it be warm enough?
Thanks
John

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I slept in a silk slip sack. I do not ever remember wearing anything underneath except my shirt and underwear. I started from Lisbon on about September 17, 2017 and walked to Santiago. If it does get cold wear your clothes. I have lived in the tropics of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico so I am not as tough as I used to be with cold weather. Save the weight.

Ivar, thanks for your advice which I shall follow. Also, thanks for getting me back in the Forum.
John

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum