• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

St. Jean Pied de Port Lodging

PJDonovan

Time of past OR future Camino
I am looking for advice for a good place to stay in St. Jean to start off my Camino in mid-July. I am making the pilgrimage for religious reasons. Any good oughts and counsel for a place that will make a great start to my walk would be most welcome.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
PJDonovan,

In addition to the helpful Tourist Office list link which Falcon has posted other handy tips for lodging are offered in Saint-Jean at the Pilgrim office of the Amis du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle right on the camino. Their telephone is 05 59 37 05 09. The multi-lingual volunteers can provide you with a Credential, weather conditions and on site lodging assistance. The volunteers help run the municipal albergue at 55 rue de la Citadelle which does NOT take reservations. If that albergue is full they will help you find other pilgrim lodgings since they keep up to the minute lists of all available space throughout the SJPdP area. However since you are walking the camino for religious reasons you might be interested in staying at the SJPdP Parish Albergue at 43 rue d'Espagne which is a continuation of rue de la Citadelle after the bridge; read more parish albergue info on this earlier Forum thread and see photos here.

Wherever you do stay Bon chemin and Buen camino!

MM

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I strongly recommend Beilari, located right across the street from the Pilgrim's office. I really felt at home there and the hosts were kind and friendly. The address is 40, Rue de Citadelle and the phone number is 559 372 468. They require reservations. The website is www.beilari.info/en

It's hard to explain, but I felt a real connection to my fellow pilgrims there. I found space and time to meditate, reflect and try to prepare myself spiritually. It was a great start to my camino. They also fed me well. The communal dinner began with the host introducing himself and allowing pilgrims to introduce themselves and the reason why they are walking the camino. I hope to return next year and start my camino there again.

Most read last week in this forum