• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Starting from Leon on Good Friday-Passport

Paulro

Can anyone tell me if I will be able to get a passport on this day and can they suggest where I could collect it? It is my first visit and will be arriving from the UK via Madrid the day before.
Thank you also for this amazing site, full of invaluable information.
I am walking to Finisterre and have allowed myself 18 days. Is that enough?

Thank you

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You can get one at the refuge run by the nuns - 18 days should be plenty (and, if you do run out of time, there's always the bus from Santiago to Finisterre)

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Credencials are also available at Leon Cathedral, from the information desk on the right hand side, inside the front door. Also depends on when you arrive in Leon, the Cathedral often shuts around 7pm although it might be later during the Easter period.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum