• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Starting in Ponferrada May 2018

Scott F

Time of past OR future Camino
CP April/May 2023
Hello All,

I am excited about my first Camino starting May 21st from Ponferrada. Less than 15 weeks to go, not that I am counting My flights have been booked, gear has been purchased (and weighed) and training hikes have begun. I hope to see new friends along The Way.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Be sure to spend a day in Ponferrada to rest up from any jet lag and to tour the Knight's Templar castle. Don't rush off without a visit!

-Paul

Paul,

Definitely. I will have 36 hours in Madrid to recover from jet lag before I bus to Ponferrada. Templar Castle is at top of my list.

Scott

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Sounds like my wife & I in Sept '15 ... Madrid Estacion Sur, which is a fair walk about 2k from the Prado, has direct bus about 4 hours to Ponferrada. Several buses are behind the waiting room doors, so be sure to ask to confirm that you are on the correct bus! Ponferrada station is nice, has small resturant and a few small coins to use bano, but it keeps it clean. Bien Camino!

Thank you Cayou for the tip!

So exciting. We should get to Ponferrada at about the start of June this year. Have a great adventure.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum