This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Starting Point arrival

Compeed Pete

Time of past OR future Camino
Past - Frances, Primitivo and Portugues. Planned -
Hi - looking to walk the Camino Invierno later this year, starting at Ponferrada. I'll be travelling from the UK (North West) and trying to find the best way to get to Ponferrada to start. i.e. best airport to fly into, best mode of travel to Ponferrada etc. Any help appreciated.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

This tool can be helpful.

Had a quick look… If flying from Manchester….. EasyJet Manchester to Bilbao then Alsa bus direct to Ponferrada, or train (1 change) or other types of bus (change in Burgos)…

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Pete
I took a train from Madrid to Ponferrada in 2019, a very easy to do booking / operation etc once in Madrid.
So personally I would fly to Madrid from England. Madrid is a great city if a tad expensive.
I changed my mind about the Invierno though after arriving in Ponferrada.
I took another train on to Ferrol (after a night in Ponferrada) to walk the Ingles then the Finisterre etc.
What wonderful walks both of those were.
Left the Invierno up my sleeve for hopefully next year when my Spanish is better.
Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum