• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Suggestions for 2022 Holiday Season Gifts

Kathy F.

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2013, CF from Lourdes 2015, CP Porto 2022
Here's my question, and I definitely do not mean for it to be confined to any particular religion:

What present/s did you get (or give yourself) for your upcoming Camino, whenever that may be?

I gave myself a Garmin InReach Mini. And a new butt pack.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I've found people really love to give you something that you'll use everyday when walking. I guess it's because, when packing light, you treasure every item. And I adore being reminded of them when using even the most mundane items of kit.
But there's definitely things you need to gift yourself and I've just had my Navigo Easy (contactless Paris metro card) delivered. Buying through a French website (and not trusting Google Translate for online shops) is not a task I wanted to inflict on others.
Oh. And new quick-dry pink knickers!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I gave myself a new waist pack too! I'm still working on finding the prefect shoe though.

I got a gorgeous silk sleep sack system that @trecile made for Christmas from my wife.

I was looking for a pair of short winter boots on Boxing Day and found these Keen sandals that only cost me $65cdn as they were in the discounted racks. A true find and exactly what I wanted to wear at the end of each walking day. I walked out of the store with the biggest grin and felt like a little girl

Attachments

• 12A3685B-6844-461F-9B36-3CDBB512A68C.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 25
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Wow! What a happy find!

Nice sandals!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You won't regret those! I took them on my last hot-weather camino and they were great. Good for walking in, cute enough for dinner or museum entry...

Nice sandals!
Amazing find. They are usually twice the price or more and they they were my size. If you ever saw the IKEA commercial where the lady is running out of the store with the receipt in her hand and screams out « Start the car » …well I felt like doing the same lol

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum