• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sunrise in Winter

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi, a question for those who are walking now. Do you notice the sun rising behind you in the morning?

I am thinking of walking “backwards”, from Santiago, starting early February next year, and it suddenly dawned on me, if I am tossed out of the albergues between 8am and 9am, I will be walking into the sunrise.

Wow, that’s an exciting thought, as sometimes they can be quite spectacular.
Jill

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Jill - yes, you will be looking right into from around 7:45am - 11:00am as the midday sun is very low in the sky. Incidentally, I met an Italian in day 2 this year who was just completing a reverse Camino!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum