• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Switching trains in Bordeaux

corneliab

Hello, my name is Corine and my husband and I hope to arrive in St Jean April 12 to begin our journey April 13. We are travelling by train from Paris after arriving from Calgary via Montreal. We have 2 options to switch trains in Bordeaux (schedule wise) but one will only give us 14 minutes to catch the next train. Is this enough? Any advise would be appreciated!

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
As long as you are not moving a bike 14 minutes should be plenty of time to board the Bayonne bound train! Screens displaying arrival and departure tracks (quais) are plentiful throughout the station. Just look for the number of your connection and MOVE. Bon voyage,
Margaret Meredith

I had a similar time gap in 2011 in which to change trains at Bordeaux and it was not a drama,

Buen camino

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I agree that 14 minutes should be ample. Just take note of your next train number, then look at the info screens that list departing trains with their platform numbers, and walk to your new platform.
Margaret

Hola Corine,
My wife and I did similar change last year, the time will be fine, although it might seem a little daunting at the time. However, your packs will be with you in the carriage, as mentioned screens displaying arrivals, departures and platforms are everywhere, for peace of mind have your tickets in hand, look for a station attendant for confirmation.
Buen Camino
Col

Thank you so much everyone, I will make a change to my itinerary 2+ hours seemed a bit long and will make me miss some wonderful times it seems!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum